Montevertine Rosso

Montevertine Rosso


Country: Italy

Region: Tuscany

Grapes: Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Colorino

Vintage: 2020

Montevertine is an iconic Tuscan estate, and one of the very first 'Super Tuscan' producers after Sergio Manetti and Giulio Gambelli elected to withdraw their wines from the Chianti Consorzio which prohibited 100% Sangiovese wines, and bottle them as simple Vino Da Tavola. Today the 11 hectare estate is run by Sergio's son Martino Manetti, who continues to follow the same approach as his father, working with low yielding organic grapes, fermenting in concrete without temperature controls, and 24 months ageing in a mix of old Slavonian oak and barriques.

The Montevertine Rosso is 90% Sangiovese with the remaining 10% made up of Canaiolo and Colorino. Intense redcurrant and blackberry fruit at first with gorgeous floral tones and mineral hints. Powerfully structured on the palate with fine-grained tannins, high acidity and tremendous length.